If there is a movie franchise that can throw the world in a tizzy, it has to be Star Wars. Luke and Leia, Yoda and Darth Vader – these films are not only classic, but they showcase some of the coolest fight scenes ever. There’s just something about a good light saber fight. Did you know that dentists have their own lasers to fight dental crimes against humanity? It’s true. They may not be as entertaining, but they can definitely save your smile.
When we need to have dental surgery, there are many treatment options to choose from and will be chosen by you and your dental professional. This can be a very anxious time for a patient, because surgery generally sounds painful. One of the most noteworthy advantages of using lasers in dentistry is the fact that it turns your typical procedure into one much more safe and comfortable, and it is because lasers bypass a lot of the more painful stages of previous methods:
- Using soft tissue dental lasers may not require stitches
- Certain procedures do not require anesthesia
- High-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus minimizing blood loss
- Bacterial infections are reduced due to sterilization via the high-energy beam
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated
Not only can laser dentistry help with dealing with cavities and gum disease, but they can also be used for more cosmetic procedures, like gummy smiles and teeth whitening. If you are looking for a dentist that can give you a more comfortable experience, look no further – our EPIC laser therapy will give you the best dental care possible.